The Instagram feed is one of the most crucial parts of different companies’ digital marketing strategies, especially in representing their brand personalities. It is an essential tool to make sure that the overall feed looks consistent and attractive for the audience. The better the feed is, the easier it is for brands to increase the number of followers, as well as their reach and engagement. Here are a few tips from us, which will help your Instagram feed to look ‘On Point’:
- Pick a grid layout. Always try to create a template on how you want the overall feed to look.
- Choose a theme for your brand to represent your personality — for example, bright, black and white, simplistic etc.
- If you are going to use filters, pick one and stick to it.
- Try to combine pictures and videos – this way you can get more engagement from your audience.
- Make sure your posts are balanced — only upload pictures or videos that match your theme.
- Colour coordinate your pictures. Try to stick with max. three colour codes according to your brand or campaign.
- Outline your colour line. If you are going to stick with three colours, make sure to aligned them accordingly to the template
- If you are going to upload images with text, make sure to put them consistently based on your template.
- Remember your purpose. If you are trying to promote a service or product, try to post more things related to your product/service. This will remind your audience why they follow you in the first place.
- Only use HD pictures, high quality pictures are always the best!
Facebook removed at least 3.2 billion fake accounts.
After the scandals Facebook has been through for the past two years, they have tried to increase their transparency in many ways. For instance: by improving the terms and conditions, by being transparent about their advertising, by protecting its users’ data and privacy, etc.
Recently, Facebook has claimed that they have removed at least 3.2 billion fake accounts from their platform. According to CBS News (2019), 5% of 2.45 billion Facebook accounts are fake. How does this news impact businesses who use Facebook as their primary promotion channel?
Facebook and Instagram are known for having a lot of fake accounts. According to Schiffer (2019), there were at least 3,000 ads posted by Russian troll’s fake accounts spreading hate speech during the 2016 election in the US. The question here is why do we (as businesses) care about this?
Let’s think of it from your follower’s perspective. For example, your company has a certain number of likes, and it decreases due to Facebook effort to remove fake accounts. The impact of this might not be tangible, but it will still impact your company’s reach to the audience.
In the awakening of this news, businesses need to try to connect and engage with the audience to make sure all of their likes or followers are the targeted audience. This is why it is vital for brands not just to aim at the right audience, but also to build connections with them and be present.